Love is in the air
The countdown is on! Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and you can be certain that many an anxious heart has already started planning. Flower shops like The Nassau Florists will have their hands full, and we’ll wager a safe bet that not a bloom would be left unclaimed well before Valentine’s Day.
Valentine’s Day treats and trips
For those who get misty-eyed at the sound of strumming guitars, Nassau is the ideal lover’s paradise, catering to the needs of true romantics. If you’re keen on an all-out romantic offering you may want to hone in your options around one of these Valentine’s Day favourites –
1. “Imagine a sip of fine rum paired with a creamy chocolate which presents notes of buttery vanilla goodness or a whiskey matched with a Bahamian-fruit flavoured chocolate that titillates the taste buds.” When they put it like that, the Chocolate and Spirits Pairing offered by the Graycliff Chocolatier makes this session a must for romance seekers. It’s a mid-day activity sure to get your romantic jaunts off to a delicious start.
2. The movie ‘Ghost’ turned pottery making into a symbolic romantic event, fuelling a slew of art and craft activities geared toward couples. A paint and sip session with an art studio like Big Picture Paint & Sip Studio, may be something you and your partner will appreciate. Make a booking, head on over and enjoy the complimentary glass of wine served with your session. To celebrate your painting success, we suggest stopping at Young’s Fine Wine for a bottle of their best bubbly!
3. If you’re hoping to spend some quiet time with your partner, a trip to the picturesque Cloisters on Paradise Island would help you accomplish just that. The beautifully landscaped gardens offer a stunning backdrop for couples keen on capturing the moment. In fact, why not kick things up a notch and book a professional photographer!
4. Top off a classic romantic evening with a glass of champagne! No one can deliver the characteristic Valentine’s Day romance the way they do at Graycliff. You can take advantage of their Valentine’s Day specials for lunch or dinner and be sure to ask for their iconic Champagne Cocktail to toast your special someone.
Reservations are recommended, and as the Graycliff maintains a strict dress code, it’s a wonderful opportunity to get dressed up and add some flair to your evening. Keen on a more intimate affair? Ask about their private dining options.
5. For the ultimate romantics with time to spare and adventure on their mind, a getaway to Pink Sands Beach, Harbour Island, via Bahamas Fast Ferries, can shape up to be the ideal romantic escape. You can pack a picnic basket of your favourite goodies, or choose to dine at any of the local restaurants, like Rock House, nominated as one of the top 10 restaurants in the Caribbean. If you really want the whole package, then horseback riding will certainly deliver a truly romantic experience.
Something for everyone
Though Valentine’s Day is traditionally for couples, there’s no reason single folks can’t find a reason to celebrate. What better way to do that, than to spend some quality time with one of the world’s most compassionate animals – the pig! Reserve your spot with Harbour Safaris, sail over to the Exuma Cays and enjoy an evening feeding and interacting with the loveable, swimming pigs, made famous by ABC’s ‘The Bachelor.’
Regardless of which type of Valentine Day experience you’re planning, we’d strongly suggest doing some research to ensure that everything goes smoothly. For restaurants like Graycliff, you’d want to call ahead to make reservations, be sure to enquire about special offers on the day. If it’s a full day activity, you’d want to give your special someone some forewarning so they can plan to take the day off. For beach and other excursions, you should check in with your tour operator for a list of things you’d need, what to wear and other tips to prepare you for an awesome time.
Wishing you a wonderful Valentine’s Day from the Islandz Tours team!